Saturday, May 7, 2011

Introduction

Let me sum up my life from just a couple years ago:  mid-thirties, office job (i.e., staring at a computer 9 hours a day), come home and either watch TV with my wife and/or stare at another computer all evening.  Sleep, work, eat, sit.  Those seemed to be the verbs that defined my life.

BB, looking out across Lake Crabtree
Don't get me wrong, it's not that I was (or am) complaining.  The job was stressful (at times) and though I found enough enjoyment to keep me there (for instance, I work with some really good people who make the job fun) I'd often come home after some interesting/challenging days feeling tired.  We (K and I) have always enjoyed TV and movies, so that's what we'd do in the evenings.

Not to say that's all we did, mind you, but there was certainly a pattern to our lives.

Then, in March of 2009, our dog B.B. arrived.  I could re-tell the story of how we came about owning our first dog, an Alaskan Malamute, but I've already done so here on my main blog.  (You can certainly refer to that site if you want more information.)  Our lives haven't been the same since.

Today she is almost two-and-a-half years old and quite a bundle of energy... if left unchecked.  K takes her to the Cary dog park almost every morning during the week.  And I walk her on the weekends (and as often as I can during the week as well, weather and other priorities permitting).

This blog is just about that:  my walks with B.B.  (Whose name may or may not include the periods, depending on how fast I'm typing, but it's pronounced the same way.)  I'll bore you with details you probably don't care about, unless you're a dog lover, a Malamute lover, a dog walking lover, a Cary (NC) resident (who may or may not be a walker, with/without dogs) or an Alaskan Malamute owner who lives in Cary and also love to walk your dog.  NB: if you fall into that last category, please drop me a note as we clearly have a lot in common.

No comments:

Post a Comment